Thursday, November 19, 2020

The 2020 Black Bean Scandal

 I like black beans. I like Wegman's Organic Black Beans. I buy 6 cans at a time. I don’t like the recent change of only filling the cans 1/2 full of beans.  


The can indicates it holds 3.5 half cup servings which totals 1.75 cups.  I confirmed the can indeed holds 1.75 cups of product.  However, I only got 1 cup of beans with .75 cups of water.  There is always some water, you know the kind of black sludgy water that recipes warn to rinse off so your whole dish is not a black gross looking mess...well no worries with these new cans, the water is almost clear and the beans are completely clean from sloshing around in the black bean spa in all their travels.  The cost is far fewer beans.




I will inquire about the bean drowning program with Wegman's officials and report back.


No comments:

Post a Comment