Thursday, December 3, 2009

Review: Allsteel #19 Chair


AllSteel #19

Website

Price: $1800 (list) $900 (street)

Pros: Great looks, solid construction, great casters, simple design, lifetime warranty on everything

Cons: Weight controlled tilt resistance was not enough for me, not quite as comfortable as some others

Notes: Weight controlled tilt resistance works by lifting the seat as the back reclines, effectively goosing you each time you lean back.
I really like the looks of this chair. Aesthetically it is my favorite. The exoskeleton looks and feels great. The metal frame and controls are all silky smooth and work flawlessly. I really wanted to buy this chair but in the end it was not as comfortable for me partly due to the back tilting too easily. I assume the chair was designed for someone shorter or lighter. However, the chair was rock solid and could probably support a 400lb person.

No comments:

Post a Comment