Sunday, February 9, 2020

The Cadillac of Crockpots

In my quest to find a quality crockpot, you know one that does not have a hotspot where food always burns and one which won't set your house a blaze and kill Jack, I came up short at local stores or online reviews.  However, I recently discovered two models which look amazing and at a price which makes me hope they are truly a cut above.  If you are looking for a true multi-cooker with an amazingly high quality look and feature set check out the Wolf Multi Function Cooker.  It appears to be the best crockpot, rice cooker, and decent sous vide machine, and it sears, so it's more than a slow cooker.  It better be a rock star for $600.

Since there is no water circulator I would expect the sous vide is not the best, but likely good enough for most things.  I like the probe feature to ensure meat is actually done right vs. "low for 8 hours".

But if you tire of chopping, stirring, mixing, grinding, and weighing by hand and still need a slow cooking, meat searing, food fermenting, computer guided recipe bot which updates itself while you sleep, check out the Termomix T6.  You can probably use a home equity loan to pay for it.

 I expect the T7 will be named Rosie and deliver your meal right to your lap with attitude. 


It's worth noting that none of these are pressure cookers.


Update: If you like what the Wolf does, Instant Pot brand has a very similar unit for 1/5 the price and would likely be my choice if I needed a new slow cooker (it's also NOT a pressure cooker).




No comments:

Post a Comment